Communication, continual education of myself and my clients, and constant observation and analysis of the market are at the foundation of the way I do business. My personal commitment to professionalism is evidenced by advanced designations from the National Association of Realtors, the Council of Residential Specialists and the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council. My commitment to my clients is evidenced by the time I invest in acquiring knowledge and information that allow me to provide the utmost in service and consultation. Learn more about my approach and about the Greater Austin real estate market at www.CentralTexasHomeSearch.com.
Decades of business experience have taught me that service is the key to success and I look forward to serving you. I represent both buyers and sellers throughout the Austin metropolitan area, which means first-hand market knowledge is brought to bear on serving your needs:
— Seller Representation is a comprehensive process that begins with thorough market analysis and consultation, continues with properly staging the home to achieve the highest price possible in a reasonable time on market, a complete program of marketing and promotion, ongoing updates and communication, closing coordination, and follow-up throughout (and after) the sale.
— Buyer Representation is also full service: shopping, previewing, price and market consultation, contracting, negotiating, coordination of inspections, appraisals, repairs, and closing details, and follow-up beyond the closing of your purchase to ensure your lasting satisfaction.
In addition to my full-time commitment to my clients, I consistently invest in my industry and my own professionalism:
Certifications and Recognition:
I have invested considerable time, effort, and dollars to attain and maintain a number of advanced designations recognized in the real estate industry:
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) — Achieved by only 3% of REALTORS®, the CRS designation requires an ongoing commitment to education, market involvement, and to sales and marketing success.
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) — Awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council, the ABR designation is based on experience and training in the complex process of representing buyers of residential real estate. This knowledge and background also provides a firm understanding that allows me to provide more complete advice and counsel to my seller-clients as well.
- Pricing Strategy Advisor – A specialized credential that provides enhanced tools, education, and expertise to help determine the most confident market price for a home, helping sellers to get the most for their homes in the timeframe that’s important to them and assisting buyers in making compelling offers for successful purchases without the guessing that can happen in a fast-moving market.
- Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE) — The Austin area has been fortunate that short sales and foreclosures play a relatively minor role in our real estate market. Nonetheless, I strive to be as knowledgeable as possible in my field. I represent both sellers and buyers of distressed properties, so this designation applies directly in those relationships. It also provides important insight in all of my client relationships.
- ePRO® — More than ten years ago the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) developed the e-PRO® certification program to teach members how to effectively use real estate technology to grow their businesses. The role of technology in sales and marketing continues to evolve, and I work to use these tools to my clients’ best advantage.
- NAR Green Designee (GREEN) — In 2008 the National Association of REALTORS® created The Green REsource Council and the NAR Green Designation. Earning this designation not only represents a commitment to learn green real estate concepts, principles, practices, and benefits from the ground up, but also provides access to ongoing education and up-to-date green resources.
- I am proud to have been selected for nine consecutive years as a Five Star Real Estate Professional – every year that this survey has been conducted in our area. This is a rigorous process based on extensive consumer surveys that selected about 400 agents this year from almost 33,000 Central Texas real estate agents based on production and client service and satisfaction. Those chosen professionals are highlighted each year in a special edition of Texas Monthly I was proud to be among those of us who were also featured in Forbes for the past two years.
My commitment to education and professionalism goes beyond those designations and recognition. I routinely attend many more continuing education classes than my license requires simply to stay thoroughly up to date and to broaden my skills and knowledge.
Other Professional Involvement
I also volunteer time to help “professionalize” the real estate industry:
- I have served for many years on the Professional Standards Committee for the Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) and TexasRealtors® sitting on grievance tribunals and ethics hearing panels involving complaints between association members and between consumers and real estate practitioners.
- I served on the ABoR Board of Directors from 2015 through 2017, and I remain a member of the TexasRealtors® Board of Directors, working with recommendations from our advisory committees and helping to direct policy aimed at protecting private property rights for homeowners and commercial property owners, and advocating for our industry and our associations’ membership.
- In 2015 I served as Chair of ABoR’s Legislative Management Team, working on a wide variety of regional and statewide policy issues, from Austin’s land development code to water and transportation needs that affect us all. I remain very involved with advocacy efforts at the local and state levels, and I was asked to return to the Legislative Management Team as the 2018 Vice Chair, leading to my second year as chairman in 2019.
- In 2017 I was asked to chair ABoR’s Growth & Development Policy Team, dealing with Austin’s rewrite of its land development code – important throughout the Austin metropolitan area because housing supply and affordability issues in the city of Austin are creating supply, affordability, transportation, and infrastructure issues throughout the city and in all suburban areas. This very challenging work continues in 2019.
- Previously, I served for two years on ABoR’s Professional Development Steering Committee, working to ensure that our educational offerings make real contributions to the knowledge and professionalism of my fellow real estate licensees.
- I served from 2013 through 2018 as a member ABoR’s MLS Advisory Committee (formerly, the MLS Board), working on a wide (and ever-changing) range of technology and data integrity issues that affect our industry and our members’ ability to best serve their clients’ needs.
In addition to daily work in the “real world” of Austin real estate, all of these investments of time and energy result in my being better prepared to provide best-in-class client service and consultation. I look forward to discussing your specific objectives and needs so that, together, we can take the necessary steps to achieve them.
I don’t normally comment on blogs.. But nice post! I just bookmarked your site